S&P Global Market Intelligence, formerly S&P Capital IQ and SNL Financial, is a division of McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE:MHFI). The firm is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide.
Job Description: 1. Accountable for ensuring timely and accurate collection and database storage. This includes hands on coding ensuring data collected is proofed to source, handling daily exceptions (changes to source data, process errors, verifying suspect data), applying industry best practices, and tracking to operational metrics.
2. Accountable for analyzing new assignments, developing scripts and tests to validate data, handling change requests and providing quick and efficient solutions to data sourcing issues.
3. Responsible for migrating existing automation scripts from Perl to IronPython framework.
4. Responsible for creating requirements, metadata, backup procedures, and process documentation, and overall management of dataset addition process.
5. Works with technology, Quantitative, and Editorial teams to ensure that content is delivered on-time, regardless of system issues, and that the format and structure supports the business need.
6. Is responsible for following up on exceptions and outliers associated with specific datasets. This may include via industry contacts, 3rd party verification, additional research, and modeling or related analyses.
7. Maintains ongoing metrics on data quality, time management, and cost monitoring associated to be used across all Information Intelligence Services group.
8. Writes data queries for internal use as required.
9. Completes one-time data pulls from database as requested.
Candidate Profile: Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline
Experience: Total 3-5 years of experience.
Required Skills: 1. Perl and Python or IronPython development experience or experience creating scripts for automated data collecting
2. Solid hands-on testing background with the depth of knowledge of Web automation and debugging
3. Demonstrated experience in working with users to test, debug and document systems
4. Experience with relational database: preferably SQL Server 2008R2 or 2012 and/or Oracle database
5. Experience in working with large datasets
6. Experience working in an Agile environment
7. Complex problem-solving aptitude
8. Enthusiastic/self-motivated with ability to work under pressure either independently or in a team environment
9. Ability to use organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload